Whether you’re launching a digital presence for a new business or augmenting the presence of an existing one, it’s important to be clear about scope and timeline. Below is a good list of questions to consider when beginning a new social media or digital marketing project.
Digital Marketing Project: Pre-Launch Questionnaire
- What is your understanding and comfort level with different social media channels and digital marketing platforms?
- Which channels or platforms are appropriate and the most effective for your business?
- Who will manage your efforts and who will contribute?
- What will you share and how frequently?
- What are your goals and milestones?
You don’t have to have all the answers when you’re getting started, but the more you plan ahead, the more you can identify areas of cost or time savings. You will also make more informed choices about the setup of your channels when you launch with a longer term view. For example, if you know your content will fall into 4 different subject matter areas, it will help you pick better categories for your blog, hashtags for your posts, and/or themes for your graphics.